As I live longer in this journey we call life, I no longer stress the insignificant situations that come up. I try to keep my focus on what's important; fostering positive relationships with my family, friends, and to continually connect with that higher vibration. In my case which is God, I meditate and pray (which can be considered the same thing in certain circles), but it can be whatever you choose to be.
Robert Piper was 18 years old and suffered from anxiety and stomach problems. Normally, any doctor would get out his prescription tablet and write away. Robert was fortunate enough to have a doctor who cared more about his patient then who payed his paycheck. His doctor referred him to a Taoist monk who specialized in meditation and martial arts. Robert ended up healing himself from his anxiety and stomach issues and ended up going on a great journey of self-discovery.
Robert's nine life lessons:
1. Keep trying until you get it right.
2. The answer to your question is inside of you.
3. Real wisdom in life comes from doing something and failing.
4. When you start to do meditation you recognize the egotistical mind.
5. We must be both compassionate and resilient.
6. Patience is a virtue.
7. Detach from your ego.
8. In Taoism, they say, "No self, No enemy."
9. Happiness comes from within, and also comes from the outside.
Read more in-depth explanations of each bullet point here: